Friday, December 08, 2006

The rain has stopped and the sun is shining. Blue sky and birds are singing etc. The hens have laid two eggs already. I have had a broadband connection for 24 hours non-stop.

Ever-such-a-nice-man has phoned from the BT Complaints Dept. - undoubtably as a result of my letter to Sir Christopher. He listened patiently to my tale of woe and promised to liaise between myself and a UK based technical support team. So we have a bit of positive movement there too. Just to be listened to makes an enormous difference. My experience of the last week has shown that for a company whose very remit is communications, BT's lack of ability to communicate with its customers is somewhat ironic.

Even as I put the phone down from talking to my new friend we were visited by a man trawling the highways and byeways to recruit support for a local radio based broadband service. Basically a signal bounces (for lack of a better word) from building to building and any need for BT exchanges and lines is done away with. It seems that his connection issues are more dire than mine - i.e. he has none at all, ever. Needless to say we'll support his campaign.

2 comments:

roffe said...

Hi! It's been raining almost the last two mounth in South Norway.

mountainear said...

A week of rain has been long enough for me. Tonight we have a clear sky - I can see Orion to the south - and the lawn is crisp with frost.
Tomorrow, who knows. In this country it could be a heatwave or a tornado.