Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm sitting here gazing out of the window, trying to summon up the enthusiasm to go down to Welshpool for a newspaper - oh, and a tube of Smarties, a large bar of Cadbury's Fruit and Nut and a fork handle. (Don't ask, you really have better things to think about. I wish I had.)

I imagine that from a distance Long Mountain will be swathed in cloud. Rain is certainly sweeping across Badnage Wood. Great sheets of it. We're having Big Rain. Crazy wind too, pushing the trees. And roaring.

All the colour has gone from the landscape. A muted palette of grey and green remains - such complex colours though, and difficult to describe - perhaps those wordsmiths in the paint-naming department at Dulux can help me out.

OK. Enough inertia. Time to come down from the mountain. I'll pick up a paint chart too.

No comments: