Thursday, May 04, 2006

I hate vinyl....

I hate vinyl. I never want to see, hear or especially CARRY vinyl anywhere, ever, again. (Sorry Eyechild). I have taken it to Bristol. i have brought it back from Bristol. I have trucked it back there and home again. 3 times. I have carted it to the ends of Heaton's Moor and Mersey. Some has been ferried to deepest Camberwell via Chorlton. A shed-load has come to rest in the garage here. A stack the size of a department-store remained at the flat....

But now, after today's trip to the suburbs of south Manchester I can report that 14D is at last a vinyl free-zone. (Which is more than can be said for the back of my car - because I lacked the energy and inspiration to unload when I got back to our end of the Long Mountain.) I guess it will take up the space of a small car in the garage......and to think all that substance could be contained on one bitsy, teensy iPod.

Hey ho!.... I would quite like to hear Booker T and the MGs again though....

No comments: