Friday, August 08, 2008

At 7 weeks

I suspect that anyone out there watching the development of a handful of chickens on the top of a low mountain needs to get out more. That includes me too. (Note to self: get out there, grasp the nettle. Get a life.)














Alan has observed that they look a bit New Zealand-ish. Quoi? If any NZers would like to challenge his observation and feel it is a sleight on any national trait - or can even explain it - then please get in touch.

Anyway, here they are; free-range and strutting their stuff. These are 2 of the pullets, darker and now slightly smaller than their brothers. At this rate they will soon be bigger than their bantam 'mother'.

2 comments:

rachel said...

No, no! I had a life, of sorts, and it was awful, frenetic, stressful and very bad for my health. If I had a low mountain to hide on and some chickens to watch, I would be even happier than I am now, doing very little, going almost nowhere, and thinking very slowly. Stick with the chickens, Mountainear, your life sounds blissful!

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

Love the chickens' hairstyle! I'm with Rachel, stay in.