Sunday, June 24, 2007

A WI tea

I know why I was there but it didn't stop me asking myself - with a shake of a dazed and confused head: 'What on earth am I doing here in a village hall, eating a ham salad tea with a ruck of pensioners whilst listening to a vicar play the piano accordion?'....)

(This was the occasion of the WI's annual Senior Citizens' tea where according to WI tradition tables bowed under the weight of food, tea flowed like wine and no one would leave until completely sated and belts had been let out a notch or two.)

In the circumstances I suspended belief and tucked in with the rest of them. Then went home for a glass of wine.

2 comments:

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Good gracious how did you sneak in there? Didn't they have someone on the door checking bus passes or something!

snailbeachshepherdess said...

...and which WI did that? Are they open to outside catering...I can feel a chritening coming on...