Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hurrah for me!

I don't think I've ever been awarded an award. Nothing. Zilch, nada, diddley squat. Sigh. I was one of the girls at Speech Day who never made the long and lonesome trek to receive, in exchange for a handshake, a hard backed worthy tome or certificate. Sigh again. And as this is blog world - :(

So what's this? Mopsa has bestowed a schmooze award upon this 'ere blogger. Am I chuffed or what? Don't quite know what to do with it so I've stuck it on the virtual mantelpiece for the time being.

But what is this schmoozing? 'Schmoozing as defined by Dictionary.com is the ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” When it comes to blogging, schmoozing is your ticket to making new friends, getting yourself noticed and building a reputation. Some bloggers are gifted with the ability to effectively schmooze and others not so much.' So now we know.

1 comment:

Mopsa said...

Hurrah for you indeed!