Sunday, November 19, 2006

In the Diary....

I just look at this page and come over all excited. It is so full of promise.

Much as I love moo-ing and baa-ing and birdsong - oh, and the wind through the trees and the mew of a buzzard....There are times when a girl's got to get operatic. I knew the moment I opened the mail shot from the ROH - which they had cunningly made interactive - and heard 'Che gelida manina' from La Boheme - that my credit card would slip effortlessly from the purse and into purchase mode and tickets would be bought. On Tuesday night I shall wallow in what is essentially a very soppy story and just enjoy this feast for ears and eyes.

We're off for a few days r 'n r in London which will be a treat for us both. Shops, exhibitions, a couple of meals with friends. The excitment builds. Neighbours are briefed in the hen care department, dogs have cases packed for kennels. I've only got to switch my rustic persona for one of cosmopolitan sophistication and we're ready for the off.

........Places to go, people to see!

No comments: